So it’s almost December, which means the temperature is freezing, the nights have drawn in and we get approximately 1.5 hours of daylight, but the thing is, your make-up doesn’t have to reflect the dreariness of winter.
I love dewy, bronzed make-up looks that some people might say are better placed in the summer months. But I disagree! I decided to counteract the gloom by creating my favourite everyday look: simple, bronzed and glowy skin, with nothing too crazy on the eyes, and bronze, peachy tones on the cheeks, eyes, and lips.
First step is obvy to cleanse, tone and moisturise. Here are the make-up products I used!
- MAC Strobe Cream – a glowy primer is key to a glowy look. Picked up this travel size one and it’s v nice and illuminating
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation – super affordable, medium coverage, contains hyaluronic acid so it gives a dewy finish
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer – I put this under my eyes, on my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose and on my forehead and blended with a beauty blender
- NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil – my fave. I used to use ABH products, but the pomade dried up, and this NYX pencil is similar to Brow Wiz but for a fraction of the price
- NYX Professional Makeup Hot Singles Eyeshadows in ‘LOL’ and ‘Suede’ – these are mad cheap (like £3) but really pigmented and blendable
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – does the job
- Rimmel Glam’Eyes Professional Liquid Liner – my favourite liner for executing a sharp and precise wing
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour – LOVE this. It comes in one shade which is a nice colour, it’s blendable and lasts all day
- TooFaced Sweet Peach Glow Highlighting Palette – I used the highlighter, blush and bronze from this palette. The formulas on this are so gorgeous – as you can see, it’s well used
- MAC Lip Pencil in ‘Boldly Bare’ – my favourite everyday shade. It’s close to my natural lip shade so I can overdraw just a lil bit
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Athens’
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in ‘Posh Tone’
- FENTY BEAUTY Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – if u know, u know! This stuff is most definitely the bomb. I don’t even like lip gloss that much because it’s annoying and comes off, but this one stays on forever
- Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray – perfect for oily skin
Here’s the finished look! Warm orangey and peach tones, glowing bronzed skin, a simple winged eyeliner and glossy lips.